The Data Protection Act 1988 regulates the processing of information relating to individuals, this includes the obtaining, holding, using or disclosing of such information, and covers computerised records as well as manual filing systems. Fishers Catering will hold the minimum personal information necessary to enable it to perform its function. All such information is confidential and will be treated with care to comply with the law.
Summary of Principles
Data users must comply with the Data Protection principles of good practice which underpin the Act. These state that personal data shall:
1. Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully (that the subject of the data has consented to its collection and use).
2. Be held only for specified purposes.
3. Be adequate, relevant but not excessive.
4. Be accurate and kept up to date.
5. Be held for no longer than necessary.
6. Be accessible for data subjects.
7. Be subject to the appropriate security measures.
8. Not be transferred to outside the EEA (European Economic Area, which includes the EU member states).
Fishers Catering Supplies reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time without notice to the customer.
How we handle Customer personal information
Fishers Catering respects the privacy of its customers and aims to act consistently with the Data Protection Act 1998. Fishers Catering will hold and use data contained on it's customers for administrative purposes, to keep customers informed of activities, and to offer goods and services provided by the Company. Personal information collected is available only to Fishers Catering and not for direct access by a third party.
Collection of personal information
Fishers Catering collects personal information directly from it's customers when they:
- Deal with Fishers Catering in person, by telephone, letter, fax or email
- Make an enquiry via our website
Why we collect information
We collect customer personal information to enable us to provide various products and services in accordance with customer requirements.
What we collect
- Business Name, Address, together with contact name and numbers
- Credit details for Account Set Up
- Credit Card Details for immediate payment (credit card security data is only stored temporarily until the order is processed, it is then destroyed so it is not legible)
- Customer drawings, specifications, samples etc.
Cookies are small text files that websites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned. Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a "legitimate and useful tool" for many activities, including verifying the identity of website users. The Directive makes it compulsory for websites to inform users if cookies are being used and to provide some information on how they are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies.org. The Directive also places an obligation on websites to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies. You will find the instructions on how to do this at www.aboutcookies.org. However, you should be aware that the Fishers Catering website (like many other shopping websites) will not work without cookies.
Use and disclosure
Fishers Catering's policy is not to disclose any personal information that we hold on our customers unless express consent has been received or where required by law.
Fishers Catering uses all reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Information provided by our customers is held securely. This is defined within our Quality Procedure processes.
Conditions of Use
All orders are subject to our full terms and conditions of sale as outlined below. These Terms and Conditions should be read and if not understood please call Fishers Catering to clarify any questions you might have.
All Product images used on the Fishers Catering website are for illustration purposes only. Products may differ from the image provided in some circumstances.
All Prices quoted on this Website are at the current price on the date of order and will show the VAT at the current rate. No Charge is made to customers for credit card payments.
Validity of Quotation
No purported variation of these terms shall constitute a contract until accepted in writing by Fishers Catering. Fishers Catering reserves the right to refuse any order including subsequent to sending of an acknowledgement email.
Delivery is £7.95 to the customer for the majority of UK mainland addresses only with the exception of certain postcode areas.
Please note for customers in Northern and Southern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Channel Islands and the rest of Europe it is advisable to contact Fishers Catering before placing any orders so we can apply the correct delivery charge.
Delivery periods and dates are given in good faith, but are not subject of any warranty condition, and time shall not be of the essence of the contract in these respects. No Liability will attach to Fishers Catering if delivery period or dates are not met for any reason what-so-ever.
Fishers Catering shall not be liable to the customer, or deemed to be in breach of any contract with the customer, by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of Fishers Catering's obligations to the goods. If the delay or failure was due to force majure or any other cause beyond Fishers Catering's control.
These conditions shall be governed by and constituted in accordance with English Law and the parties acknowledge the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- All Goods supplied by the Seller will carry a manufacturer's warranty, some items carry extended warranties please check the items descriptions for details
- Warranties advertised are generally for UK Mainland ONLY (Not including UK islands). Contact us prior to your order if you wish to check what will be covered should the product be going outside the UK mainland
- Goods are not sold on a trial basis. Please make sure that the item you are ordering is suitable for the application you intend.
- Goods which have been ordered or delivered incorrectly will be accepted for return with prior approval from Fishers Catering, Please see below for Returns Policy.
- Fishers Catering shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in goods arising from any specification supplied by the customer.
- Fishers Catering shall be under no liability if the defect or failure, within reason from Fishers Catering, arises from wilful damage or misuse, negligence by the customer or third party, failure to follow the manufactures instructions, or alterations or repair to goods without prior notice from Fishers Catering.
On receipt of your goods: Customers are required to check the goods thoroughly on receipt for Damaged, Faulty, Incorrect or Missing items, and must report any problem to Fishers Catering Supplies within 24 hours of receipt. This can be done by Telephone or e-mail and by quoting your order Number. Fishers Catering Supplies will not be held responsible or liable for any issues reported after this time period. Any problems reported after this time period may still be considered, but they must be put in writing via email. Cancellation, Returns and Refunds If you decide to return part or all of your order you have a 14 calendar day period from receiving goods to notify us of this return and then may return the goods within 30 days of the delivery date. Such notice may be given by emailing to the address attached or by telephone, a Returns Reference Number will be issued. Goods for return must be in all the original packaging received from Fishers Catering Supplies. This will help prevent any damage to goods during transit. If exercising the right to cancel, the consumer bears any return costs. If the customer does not take reasonable care of the goods Fishers Catering Supplies may have a claim against the customer for breach of their duty that could reflect in the amount that is refunded. On receipt of your returned goods a refund for the goods will be made within 14 days. If the goods are being returned because they are faulty or incorrectly sent by Fishers Catering Supplies in this case we will meet the cost of the return but we ask that you allow us to nominate the carrier and postal method. Fishers Catering Supplies will not be liable for any unauthorized returns or any unauthorized high cost method of return.